BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 6 cont.

Dowager McKenzie supervising the pups from her throne.
Mid-day snack (one of several). I love when the pups flip upside down and paddle away while eating.
Karmin came over to pup-sit for me while I attended to the much neglected vegetable garden. Everyday the pups will be purposely exposed to new stimuli. I want them as bombproof as possible when they go to their forever homes. Karmin tickled all the puppy toes with a cue-tip and then had them navigate across no-skid shelving mats. No biggie thus far.
The pups have all gained at least 7 oz. Every four hours around-the-clock Koyuk makes sure I am awake enough to give her a cup of high calorie puppy kibble with a cup of vanilla ice cream mixed in. Of course, I have to sample the ice cream to see if it up to quality standards. She is still getting skinny. I can't say the same for myself.