BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ladies Still In-Waiting

Another hot day.
McKenzie and Cedar joined Koyuk in her chosen shade spot.
Later the dogs and I went swimming. I swear Koyuk was smiling as she stood in the water cooling her belly. Dave had mowed around the pond this morning. When I got in I noticed that it was about 6" down. Whoops - the weight of the tractor and mower must have undammed it. Time to grab the backhoe to shore it up again. Any excuse to play with the machines.
Sarah rebuilt the whelping box for Koyuk's litter and in the process made the corner seats much smaller. I whined that my big butt would not fit on the tiny new perches so she made me a personal, large, padded seat and came over to install it (with McKenzie's help).
 Too funny!
Sarah is also an excited lady-in-waiting. She got to feel the little whelps dancing around on Koyuk's innards. She too can't wait to see them dancing around in her whelping box.