BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Auntie Tractor Comes Through

My nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews may not remember my name but they all know Auntie Tractor. All at the niece/nephew level learned to drive on my tractor and a couple of the greats have joined in.
Yesterday 9 year old Cadence dropped by while at a "Grammy Camp" away from her brothers and foster-sister in Nevada.
Her last visit was in 2014 and included her whole family. Of course a visit to Auntie Tractor's place has to include a trip around our "backyard". In 2014 Cadence could barely reach the steering wheel on the skidder.
Yesterday, if I had relinquished the keys, she would have confidently tried to drive it away.
In 2014 she had to be lifted onto the tracks of the logger.
Yesterday day she climbed onto one of many cold decks made up of logs salvaged from last winter's Icemageddon. 
Cadence has grown into such a beauty and almost lost her hat to Auntie Tractor. 
In 2014, I let her take my tractor for a 1st gear solo spin - until she realized she could reach the accelerator pedal. This visit we didn't have time for the tractor but I did let her steer, then drive the quad. The girl has a lead-thumb and no fear of speed. She took us flying over rough logging roads at freak-out-great-auntie speeds. 
We went to the back-pond for a tour of the storm damage and heavenly smell of crushed mint. 

BopBop, Grammie and Cadence. 
After lunch, the visit still wasn't done. Cadence hadn't been in a canoe. My sister Linda and I grew up with a canoe as a baby sitter. We spent many a day paddling about rivers, lakes and ponds. I was amazed that Lind still had the posture and skills to expertly pilot my canoe. "Go over there Grammie" was never a problem... 
though Cadence did determine that she might be better with the paddle than BopBop.
Ever patient Linda let her paddle away.
The cabooses are soon to leave for their perspective museums. Cadence had never been in them...
so a tour and hug in the copula was a mandatory last stop before heading back to Grammies house.
I can't wait until I see Cadence's entire family when they come for a visit to see the puppies later this summer. In the meantime I will need to create a block for the tractor accelerator to limit "take-off". The girl also has a lead-foot. Can't wait until she figures out how to shift gears.