BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Day 5 Centennial litter.

Eat, sleep, scoot about until you bump into something interesting or warm, endure a bath from mom, repeat...
Good morning cuteness -
Long time friends came by from eastern Oregon. Nan helped me weigh the little ones while Daryl cuddled and playfully tortured Trask - who loved every second of the attention.
Trask also took every opportunity to personally inspect each of the puppies.
 "Wind's weight is up - good!"
 "Washington's weight is also up - good!"
All puppies have gained weight - excellent!
Eat...
 sleep...
scoot until you bump into something interesting...
 or warm...
 Repeat.
This afternoon I did find out it is Red Tailed Hawk chicks, not Osprey, that sound like puppies in distress after spotting the parents rushing about. I am sure the Hawk parents can hear the pups just as well as I can hear their chicks. I wonder if they are as confused by the cries as I continue to be. I still rush to the landing to see what is amiss whenever I hear the pleading sound.