BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Review

A picture per month, 2010 in review - sounded like a good idea until I started sorting sorting pictures. How do you limit a few hundred puppy pictures to just 3? Do you ignore all but one person during the holiday season? I couldn't do either. 2010 was a year of extreme lows and highs; of dogs; and most importantly of family and friends.
January
A triple celebration: my birthday, Vanessa, my niece's birthday and Kendra, my niece's baby shower.
Vanessa, my sister Linda, Emily, Kendra (with Luke and Abby) and Natalie
February
I won my first dog sled race. Last to start, I had to pass all the other teams with 4, borrowed, bitches in season. my dad turned 94
March
The whelping of the BrownStone Iditarod Trail litter
a few hours old first snow adventure for the Chinook sled dogs
April
We went on a business trip to Maui. I got to snuba.Save French Pete reunion puppies are growing
May
all the puppies but Koyuk went to their forever homes Dave's brother John, Dave, sister Susan and cousins from Nebraska came to see Neil
Dave's dad, Neil died
McKenzie titled in agility
June
Chucks birthday brought my niece Amanda and her family back to Oregon for a visit.
grand-daughters showing Chuck how to work his new Wii

"but this is what puppies are supposed to do"

July
Like the 50th and 75th birthdays, I celebrated Camp Fire's 100th at Camp Onahlee, a sacred place to me.

August
Dave suffered two heart attacks.

Dave insisted on helping the ski patrol "judge" the Eugene Celebration parade.September
Over 50 friends came to celebrate Dave's birthday and recovery
I went on a much needed retreat with two close friends - Nonna and Jackie
October
My annual backpacking trip with the dogs November
I joined Dave at an Oregon game. View from row 1, 50 yd line
dryland mushing ended with a broken wrist and smiles
December
Dave was able to go back to work. His recovery, once thought doubtful, has amazed his doctors. He continues to work very hard at the necessary life style changes.

The holidays are for family and friends - especially the children.

Clara, Kerstin and Anna making cookies My dog club Christmas party
Four generations, 16 members, of the Brown/Terrel family celebrated together.

great-niece Sarah giving a piano recital DaveNephew JJ and his son Andy
Four generations, 13 members, of the Lee/Brown family celebrated together

the twins

the twins, Emily, Vanessa, Iris and of course the dogs
very special guests - Gwyneth, Luther, Nonna and Nonna's mother from Wales

Well - a few more than 12 pictures but everyone is a treasured memory and not to be left out.