BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Road Rash

After my flight over the handlebars while scooterjoring with my little yellow scooter, I started my search for a "real" rig. Real rigs are heavy and expensive so I settled for this white rig. It came with a seriously bent wheel hub. But, a mechanic from Chemult, upon seeing me try to move my rig without the use of one wheel, took pity on me. While I assisted the chute boss at the dog sled race, he took my wheel to his shop and straightened it almost good as new.
little gladiator and bigger white rig
"Team Nookies" rigjoring power
All went well on our maiden trip for about 50'. I had been concerned that the dogs would not be able to pull the bigger rig. No problem. In fact when I went to apply the break to slow them on a corner, we were going so fast, my weight change caused the rig to topple.
not the knee of your average old lady
My thigh and hand did not fair too well either. Again my helmet was tested. The dogs were still very excited to run and I knew I needed to get back on the rig before my conscientious mind said "enough!". We continued out the road to the mail box. During the remainder of the trip I found that the breaks could not keep the wheels from turning. This was especially noticeable going downhill at full speed. My conscientious mind was screaming full volume at that point. I was able to stay upright and keep from running over the dogs but not hold them back at all. No more trips until the breaks are fixed.