BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Busy Weekend

Yesterday I drove to eastern Oregon for a mushing club meeting. I had planed to take my rig and run the dogs but the trailer I use for my rig proved to be the perfect size to transport my new (used), 2 person, hot tub. (I need to stain and move the hot tub so I left it on the trailer). I took the dogs anyway hoping that I could borrow a scooter for a run. Unlike the cold, foggy valley, eastern Oregon was sunny. Being too warm to run dogs, no one brought their scooter. Making the most of the trip, I laid two tracks each for the dogs. The dogs are up to 120' long tracks with tiny treats 30-40" apart. The tracks were 20-30 minutes old. All the water evaporated leaving only my scent to follow. Dogs are pretty amazing!

sorry guys - running the rig will have to wait a few days
It poured last night and was foggy and calm this morning - perfect for burning. This year's burn pile was the hottest and fastest burning one I have ever had. I even managed to singe my hair and burn three holes in my tee.

15 minute old, one match fireUsually burn pile fires take a whole day of constant stoking; blowing with the leaf blower; and pushing around with the tractor. This one was 1/3 burned by the time Dave finished breakfast leaving me almost a whole day to clean the garden; prepare 20 lbs of apples and pears for the dryer; and can 13 quarts of tomatoes.

The dogs love apples and pears. (They have picked most of the ones growing on the espaliered trees). After the fruit was put into the dryer, I threw the peelings out on the lawn for the deer but...
Well, the today I am writing about is now yesterday. Better get off the computer.