BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Tractor Wheel Gardens

I have been busy taking advantage of our cool fall days to deal with "before winter hits" chores. That and a trip to Salem to see my dad in the ER are my excuses for poor blogging. Today while I was cleaning out my tractor wheel gardens I remembered that I had recently received a way-too-cute post from my niece. This morning Cadence and I were playing with her Fisher Price Little People. I put a girl with a straw hat on her head and a carrot in her hand on the tractor. Cadence said "she just pulled the carrot out of the tractor wheel. Because that's where carrots grow. In tractor wheel gardens." And it took me a minute to catch what she meant. ha ha ha! She remembered your tractor wheel garden beds and was pretending that's where this little girl's carrot grew. Oh how this girl and her memory makes me laugh. Life is never dull now that she is talking! :) Love, Amanda

No carrots in the tires when she was here but Cadence is pretty clever to realize they must grow there too. (I picked my last strawberry from this patch this afternoon.)