BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Funny Valentine

For our anniversary Dave gave me a couple sq yards of Bull Sh#%. For valentines I got two new toilets and rid of a lot of sh#%. Our mudroom toilet overflowed mightily when used by the guys working on our still non-functioning heat pumps. Luckily we have cement floors and a central drain. I cleaned and bleached the rooms but got up valentines day to all water used overnight overflowing from the toilet into the bathroom and mudroom. Time to dig - without the dogs help.
The flag pole was placed over the septic tank so I could always find it. The problem was that so was 5' red clay dirt. I got to dig a hole about 40" in diameter and 5' deep. With record rains this week, the clay was soaked, sticky and heavy. I hauled wheel barrow after wheel barrow of clay to a fill low spot in the yard. After about 6 hours, when I struck the tank top, I was more than done with going in and out of the hole to shovel into the wheel barrow.  I spread a tarp to protect the landscaping from the last bit of clay mud.
The septic guy was great as were the two plumbers. Dave got home from work just in time to write the check for the most expensive (and welcome) valentine gift ever.