BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Snowpocolypas Saturday - Sunday - Monday

Saturday March 2, 2019
This picture about says it all.
I spent the day resting, reading and using my tractor to pull neighbors out of ditches.

Sunday March 3, 2019
Saturday night it dawned on me that the snow was piled way higher than the door thresholds and had no where for the melt to run-off except inside the house itself.  Sunday was spent with a pickax (a girl can't have too many tools) moving piles and trenching away from the house. Both the front and back of the house needed snow removal and troughs.
Daily I have displaced at least one dog from the dog couch since I lost power. Their couch has the best light and view. Their couch is a prefect place to drink tea, watch it snow and read a book. Being upstairs, it is also the warmest place in the house. However, as soon as I moved - in this case to take a picture - my spot was reclaimed by the displaced dog.
 Like the bed, I get the last 12" on the edge.
Monday March 4, 2019
Power returned in the morning. The first thing I did was make coffee, check the internet and charge the camera batteries. Still no water, limited cell, no land line and intermittent internet.
After I finished lunch, I post-holded out to the pump house and started the long process of priming the pump.
A few hours later, I had hot water to take a shower, do laundry and run the dishwasher. I had joked earlier with my guests that I was running out of cups and spoons to serve cocoa. Now I was ready for more company.
The barn roof.
The still frozen pond on this beautiful, cold, sunny day.