BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Snowpocolypas Tuesday - Wednesday

Tuesday March 5, 2019
I escaped to town. Still no landline, poor cell reception and intermittent internet. It was good to talk to people face to face even if it was the tech at the mammogram center and my dentist.
I tried to go to Costco but with the predicted 3 days of freezing rain and more snow, everyone else in the county must have had the same idea. There was not a single space in the lot - even in the furthest hinterland. I later heard that the checkout lines went back to the chickens. So it was Safeway for OJ, bread and cheese - my solitude-with-a-bad-cold diet.
 No new snow and the rock hard piles are slowly shrinking.
Wednesday March 6, 2019
Freezing rain.
My hanging flower pot took on a new dimension when tendrils were coated with ice
Then a downpour of plain old Oregon rain.
Soon followed by snow - lots of snow.
Snowing as I type but the flat roofs are clear; the snow-melt troughs are dug and; I have actual electricity to plug my heating pad into; a computer to explore the world with and; plenty of OJ and Yukon Jack.