BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Snowpocolypas Thursday - Friday

Thursday March 7, 2019
This storm isn't over. Awoke to a couple inches of new snow.
Still no landline, limited cell and intermittent internet but, I do have power, heat and water.
 Landscape work will probably occupy most of my spring and summer. These were 8' tall rhodys.
Not much will survive here without of serious pruning. It will be interesting to see what the gardens will morph into this year.
The pond is still frozen with layers of ice, snow, freezing rain and now a coating of snow.
 More of Vineman it emerging.
 These branches start over 20' up in this gigantic oak tree.
Lots of pruning in the will be needed in the back orchard and more removal of branches from the oak tree.
Impressive icicle above the flat roof. 
 Still snowing.

Friday March 8, 2019
Very gloomy day. Still no landline, cell that only works when standing outside in the freezing rain and still won't let me email or txt and intermittent internet. I spent all day yesterday hugging my cell phone waiting for a very important, return phone call. If I am not outside, all I get is the ring but no connection. The situation was very frustrating on both the caller and my end. They had been trying to reach me since Tuesday.
Freezing rain falling.

When I went out to pick up the mail, I startled some mergansers. They were across the pond before I could get the camera out.
They then flew off.
More flattened, previously, 10' tall rhodys. Topy dog is still completely buried with only a lump indicating his head. 
 The neighbors built a man cave.
 It was again snowing by the time I got back from the mailbox.
 Dark evening.
I didn't know that "snow dogs" hibernate but Team Nookies much prefer repose to running on ice covered snow in the freezing rain.
Did I mention that it was a very gloomy day?