BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Logging of Sorts

I had high hopes of driving over the mountains to a sno-park where I could run the sled today. Last night I waxed the sleds and sorted out harnesses and lines. Even though it is a 200 mile long drive for a one to two mile sled run, I am going crazy hobbling around and want to run the dogs. Unfortunately my ankle hurt enough to keep me awake most of the night. I decided I would have to settle for a rig run but this is what our road looked like...
...not safe for dog feet, a tipsy rig or unstable ankle.
Plan B: a quad run through the woods.
Until he is a couple months older, I really shouldn't be running Trask as far as I did on Friday. That means clearing out blow-downs so I can have a shorter route to exercise the dogs.
This is tree #1 I cut with a hand saw and moved from across the road.
Every turn there were more trees to cut and log out of the way.
The dogs had a great time exploring and chasing each other, deer and squirrels as I sawed away.
Koyuk
Cedar
Trask
Koyuk
Trask
Even after spending the afternoon logging out 6 trees, when we came back gravel road was still frozen.