BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Update

Today I got an urgent call from the county to come in and give flu shots. Guess it is time to make it public why I have not blogged or done much of anything else this year:
A week ago I came down the steps from my office with both hands full. McKenzie was in her usual place on the landing.
Just as I was positioning to twist and step down over her, the UPS truck drove up. Cedar, Koyuk, Trask and Lupin all rushed down the stairs behind me. My ankle bone hit the landing before my foot sole. I crashed face first with a severely torn ankle, banged up elbow and amazingly an unbroken coffee cup.
Selfe of my ankle today - day 8 post injury.
The swelling is about 1/4 what it was.  The black is now mostly green. I feel fine other than ankle pain; the frustrating lack of mobility; and not being able to elevate my ankle when I am on the computer. Timing of the fall was not good. My house was still decorated. Christmas decorations, except the table were what I thought was above human head high. He-who-has-to-put-everything-in-his-mouth, Trask, took that as a challenge. The table was first to fall victim. The table runner proved too much of a temptation. The reindeer are cast iron. But even steel reindeer can loose antlers when crashed to the ground.  Fortunately the poinsettia on the sleigh was silk (my fear of him eating a poisonous plant). He did have a good time parading plant and pot with it's fancy wrapping about the house.
This year I didn't dare have a Christmas tree so garlands over the windows are displaying my ornaments. Change that to "were". A chair got too close to the wall. Fortunately I caught Trask perched on the top of the chair back aiming for glass ornaments. I was able to get them down before I did in my ankle. The garlands are still there. I'm not into navigating ladders quite yet.
I still have not figured out how Trask got the wrapped package off the mantle without taking down the mantle garland and decorations with it. Ankle or not, last night with Dave's help, I climbed up and got the mantle cleared. So I have a 1/2 undecorated house and a long overdue blog update. Make that "had" a long overdue blog. 
So much for my New Year's Resolution to either ride the rig or walk to the paper everyday. Guess I'll have to start my New Year with my birthday- ankle willing.