BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pond Guests

Yesterday after our run, while I was taking a picture of the worn out dogs, I spotted a couple of geese on the front pond. Even with a decoy we seldom get geese and the pond was pretty much frozen over.
I snuck outside to see if I could get a picture before they took of. They were swimming in the very small area where their weight had broken through the ice.
They hung around until I got within a few yards of them. I was afraid they were trapped and couldn't fly off...
but alas, when I got too close, they did.