BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

January 2019 Pupdate

Brownstone CNK Century Treadwell (Cedar)
January 14, Cedar and his family ventured into the Oregon cascades.
Anna with Cedar. Middle and North Sister and The Husband mountains in the background.
I remember being in this very spot January 14, 1971. I was a Winter Outward Bound instructor. We skied from there to the top of the McKenzie Pass, so I could celebrate my birthday at the observatory. The snow was over 15' deep. The PNW snowpack is alarmingly low this winter.

Brownstone CNK Century Kate MT (Tika)
What happens when a Chinook discovers a just-delivered case-box of dog treats before the owner does.
 Tika with Kima on January 16.
BrownStone Cascade Mt Loowit (Tule Loowit)
Tule on top of Mt. Ashland. Trask and I sure miss seeing his sister since she moved to Ashland.
Brownstone CNK Century Wind (Ullr)
Ullr as a comforter for a sick family member.
Skiing at Willamette Pass Ski Resort. I am not quite sure if he rode the lift or ran up the slope. McKenzie, Willy, Cedar, Koyuk and Tule have all ridden up the lift. Since Tule moved away, Ullr is now the official Ski Patrol Chinook.
When Ullr stayed with me over the holidays, he became enamored with the TV. His family did not own one so I recycled a spare we had for Dave. As you can see from this picture, he remains fixated while the rest of the family, unused to TV, has their attention elsewhere. 
Team Nookies
I would be remiss to not swivel my chair and include the household pack in my office. They are patiently awaiting a grooming session. Because of a non-winter this year, even Jake the cat is blowing his coat months early.
Koyuk and Cedar on the dog couch.
 Cedar, Koyuk on the couch. Trask and Jake on the dog bed.
 Trask and Jake.