BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Stormy Night-Melancholy Day

This is my dream of what to expect this morning.

This was the reality. The winds did howl last night frequently waking us. The rains hammered a rousing tenor on the metal roof. But, alas no snow.
The road is clear of all but fur branches. The power is on. I have heat and water. No where near the day I was expecting after yesterday's forecast.
Today was a melancholy day - dark and wet with fog rolling in and out. I cleared the road of branches and dug out thick cattail roots blocking the outflow from the pond. It is hard to believe that just 1 week ago the pond was so low. Now I am concerned about overflow.
Last year's weather station puked. Going through hordes of junk I found 6 successive years of no longer functioning weather stations. I added last years to the electronic recycle pile and ordered a new one. The brand is different and maybe the attrition will be longer than a year.
My new weather station was delivered last night. It fits a post on the highest roof peak. I need to climb up one metal roof and then the next to place the station. I do not have a fear of heights so made reason win out on putting the new station up today in a 36 degree, torrential downpour. I would love to know what the wind speed is and the amount of rain that has fallen but will have to wait for the next storm. 
With pre and post-storm chores done, I plan to spend my time in a cozy chair, by the fire, reading a book with the occasional nudging from soaking-wet dogs.