BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Start of Another Year

The day was sunny (very rare for a Jan 15th birthday) and cold. Ma Nature provided me with my own private island of white...
and ice covered pond to amuse me with one of my favorite pastimes - making music with a chorus of pebbles skidding across the surface. 
I may be growing old but I a still a kid at heart. Vineman also enjoyed the combination of ice and sun.
I had a wonderful birthday full of well wishing friends and excited dogs. The day was capped off with sharing champagne, dinner and a birthday dessert at a French Restaurant and then premier seats at the Lion King with my very special friend, Nonna.
All I can say about the Lion King production is "WOW!" and I would love to see backstage during the show. The very small cast is continually making magic happen changing in and out of unimaginable costumes. Oh yea and, how did they get quips about Trump tweets and Eugene weather into the chorus?
Once a year I buy a paper so I can read my birthday horoscope. Today's reads: "Turn this into a year to remember. Stop thinking about what you want to do or to have; make your dreams come true. Making plans with someone you enjoy working with or being around will lead to a better relationship as well as progress toward achieving your goals. Use your energy wisely. Fitness and manual labor will bring better results than anger."
Glamour photo courtesy of my sister.
I do put little stock in a newspaper horoscopes but it is fun to think that I might just turn this year into a year to remember and achieve my goals. I wonder if fitness is finally in the starts for me.