BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Making the Most of a Gray Day

Some time in the middle of the last night, the power went out. My guess it was a transformer somewhere close because both the dogs and I woke up. I got up; realized the neighborhood was dark so no reason to call the power company; went downstairs to throw the hot-water heater breaker and; squeezed myself back into the bed.
"I don't think there is room for a human".
Jake gets a bath and I get no compassion.
By the time the electricity was back on, the house and hot water were cold. The power surge again tripped the well pump and my really over-taxed computer booted up with the blue-screen-of-death. Instead of a shower, I dressed and headed out into the pouring rain to prime the pump. Just yesterday after my clothing purge, I was inspired to put away all the water jugs along with other stuff cluttering counter tops. I should have known better. At least the bath tub was still full of water and I could flush and have water for the dogs.
My plan for the day had been to attend the Women's March - though with all the contention surrounding it, I am not sure what I would be marching for beyond solidarity against Trump and for the environment. The March was over by the time I got the well-pump going and a cup of coffee. I was also going to go to the Home and Garden show to get inspired and do the monthly Costco run.
The raingage on my new, fancy weather station showed 2.06" rain in the past 24 hours. It was still too cold in the house and the hot water too tepid for an appealing shower. I wrote a blog post while I finishing my coffee. My agenda for the day was altered to returning to bed; listening to the rain on the metal roof while snuggling with the dogs and; reading a book.
"You want us to move over?"
Restless moments did find me taking pictures, planting spring bulbs, replacing the counter water jugs and helping a neighbor with their burn pile
In-other-words, the fur kids and I made the best of our Gray Day.