BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

More Adelie Penguins

This guy followed me everywhere as I walked the beach. Stragglers received his scorn.

The colony extended way around to the right of the hilside.
After 1 1/2 hours of wandering the beach and filling a SIM card, I turned my camera toward the ocean. As the tide receded, I waded out with of goal of catching reflections of penguins on the move.
These guys zipped around, adding more challenge to my fun self challenge.










Time to load up and work our way through the maze of breaking and rolling ice bergs.
The tide was coming in when we left the beach. Our zodiac driver frequently "hit it" to make it through a closing path or avoid a rolling iceberg. He would not slow for pictures. I caught these two as we exited.

When we returned to the boat, an alfresco BBQ lunch was in process. Burgers and dogs along with all the fixings and sides, were prepared and served on the outside deck. Life was good.
As was our view.
Adelie Penguins and a Weddell seal.
I brought my celebratory Glacier Margarita back to my deck to start the days editing.
I could not resist taking more artistic photos as we cruised.