BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Day 64 Chinook Centennial Litter Pup-date

Today I made up for lack of pictures yesterday. Really I am not posting all of them. But I enjoy looking at pictures so much, I figure others might too.
Washington (Grizz) and Arthur (Toolik) are still with us and keep each other occupied - more accurately, me occupied.
The big Pup-corral escape. I heard commotion outside.  The big dogs were attempting to herd play with the free roaming pups. Of course I took time to grab the camera before I took chase.
Grizz on the rocks.
Toolik is so fast. Most pictures of him are a blur or almost out of frame or both.
 Grizz is more cautious.
And here to think I was worried that these little ones hadn't had enough exposure to cement stairs. Toolik in the lead.
Running all over the place is thirsty work.
Toolik refreshed and on the go again.
So many new places to see and explore.
 Toolik is fearless...
 leading his brother to the edge of a boulder.
 Grizz not quite sure but followed right off the edge.
Trask was beside himself with the opportunity to run and play with the pups.
Grizz on the run. I had hoped to get Vineman in the picture but Grizz was too fast.
 Another garden to explore.
 "Come on Grizz. You can make it."
 "How far down did he go?"
The puppies made it across the road and down toward the fenced garden. (Yes it was raining). Fortunately I only had to carry Toolik back up the hill. Where Toolik and I went, Grizz was right behind.
 Koyuk and Trask with the pups.
 Koyuk with Grizz.
Turn your back to take a picture of his brother and Toolik is off on another exploration.
Grizz found Trask's favorite hiding place.
Enough running around. Back to the Pup-corral so I can locate the escape route while there was a break in the rain.
 Not the human entrance but close.
 Toolik leading me to it.
 Koyuk helping by pushing the fence down fro the outside.
 Found it - hopefully fixed it.
 Grizzbear almost looks sad to be once again confined.
 Cedar and Trask supervising the escape process from outside as it once again starts to rain.
 Toolik is perfecting the Chinook "pity-me" look.
The puppies were worked up and noisily wrestling when I put them back in the whelping box condo so I moved them out to the big dog kennel. I figured they were finally big enough not to escape under the panels.
Another new place to explore and play in.
After dinner in the outside kennel, I let them out to roam free with Trask.
He takes his Nanny job seriously. To get them here, he herded them all the way around the house.
 Toolik is off again.
 Grizz checking to see if anyone is watching before he took off for the bushes.
The pups are finally worn out and the Pup-corral fence is (paws crossed) once again secure. I'm expecting a complaint from Blogger any time about the number of photos I post - but then again, maybe they enjoy them too. And I actually completed Day 64 blog on day 64.