BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Days 61-62 Chinook Centennial Litter Pup-date

Day 61. Then there were two: Arthur (aka Toolik) and Washington (aka Grizz)
Koyuk with the morning greeting bath. No one loves to give out kisses more than Koyuk.
Meals are still a sprint around the feeding trough.
Just because there are only two brothers doesn't mean there is any less play. Washington is tearing through the tunnel as Arthur is shaking it from the outside.
The day showered rain off and on. I moved the chairs and table under the shelter so I could enjoy their antics.
 "Hey, can I sit on your lap?"
 "No it is my turn."
I love these shots of Trask enticing everyone into a game of chase with a toy as a lure.
Washington sneaking a kiss on Trask.
The tunnel remains a hit for everyone.
And, I really love these pictures of the puppies interacting with Trask.
 My favorite.
 Trask smiling. He loves it too.
Poor Koyuk is almost bald. I thought that once she weaned the pups her coat would return but she just keeps loosing fur.
The chair cushion tie-downs have become a favorite tug toy. The pups can work-up quite some speed as the chair swivels around and around.
We actually had several visitors throughout the day but because of the rain, my camera seemed never to be handy to catch photos of them. A favorite visitor was Tule Loowit, Trask's sister. Both dogs go totally crazy when around each other. They got completely soaked and were barred from continuing their chasing and wrestling in the house.
"Let us in!"
You would not know it was raining. These guys are oblivious and just keep playing whether it be chase me through the tunnel..
 or tug-o-war..
 finding treasures in the dirt...
 or king of the mountain.
After an active day, it was light's out - at least until 0300 when they decided to dig in the soiled newspapers and Koyuk would have none of it. She made sure I got up to put a fresh layer of paper down (not an easy job when both puppies are grabbing each piece of paper as I try to place it and Koyuk is outside the whelping box whining.)  
Day 62. You would think that with only two pups I would have had time to blog and take lots of pictures but alas, the truth is that I have time to do many of the chores I have put off for the past almost 9 weeks. Some of those chores involved getting ready for rain - which came before I had fixed the roof, put away cushions, and covered the wood piles.
After last night's whelping box redecoration, there was no way I could feed the pups indoors, so it was out into the rain for breakfast shared with Koyuk.
While I was changing all the linens and papers in the whelping box the clouds let loose of all the rain they have been holding back for 3 months. It poured. No way I was going to get soaked just to bring the puppies in. The temperature was still in the high 60's. The puppies were fine. I just stood on the porch and took pictures - even drug out my tele-lens - and caught pictures of the pups during different squalls.
The pups were transported in and out all day. Who wouldn't prefer the Pup-corral to a whelping box condo?
When not carrying pups, my day was made up of errands and the to-do chore list. Now it is Day 63 and I am finally sitting down to blog. Or is it avoiding paying bills, doing laundry, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms,.. all the everyday chores I have had an excuse to put off for so long?