BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

August 21, 2010

I'm not really sure if anyone besides my nieces read my blog but I apologise to you and them for the delay in writing this entry.
We had another emergency stay in CCU and are now working on the myriad of lifestyle changes the will be made around here. I must say that I am glad I am not the one on a no alcohol - no salt - low glycemic index diet. There is only so much food I can make with hot spices to cover the blandness. I have never added salt to any of my cooking because all processed ingredients had enough for our taste so we thought that we were on a low salt diet anyway - not close it seems. During the past few days, I have searched stores to find no salt items to cook with. You would be amazed at what that has salt in it. Check out the low fat items like salad dressings. The less fat, the more salt. All the diabetic foods pile on the salt. Fortunately the garden is producing lots of flavorful vegetables. (Unfortunately the birds and raccoons got every blueberry. By this time last year I had dried gallons of blueberries. Now I just have blue poop all over the garden.)
finally worn out Willow and the wayward slipper
Willow is still our guest, though missing out on the training I had promised. She is a silly little girl with an aggravating belief that anything that fits into her mouth is hers to play with. I am always on the search for the other shoe or slipper. The older dogs take turns trying to wear her out with vigorous chase games.
Today I got to reunite with my dog friends. It seems forever since the dogs and I have been to dog classes. Our club had a meeting devoted to learning Tellington Touch. Willy was the lucky recipient of the calming and healing technique.