BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On the Rag

On the Rag - you may have to be at least my age and female to be familiar with the term but Cedar learned all about it today. Honestly, I spaced out the fact that she was in season when I headed off to class with her. We have missed 4 weeks and I was so excited to be going. Unfortunately, there are intact dogs in class. Using what I had in my car first aid kit, we female humans of a similar age, came up with what we thought was a solution. The red bandanna bow was added because her triangle bandage "panties" immediately slipped off.
Cedar was a bit embarrassed about being on the rag.
Even with her fancy bow, Solution A would not stay on for running agility obstacles.
Everyone, including Cedar, got a great laugh from Solution B, the ACE wrap and bandanna "pad". "I'm out of here. You old ladies are just plain crazy."