BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Oh Deer!

Deer are a constant around here. That is why the flower, fruit and vegetable garden is behind a 12' wire fence topped with barb wire. I have been weeding my perennial beds and pruning the espaliered fruit trees in the garden. When we got home this evening I noticed that my overflowing trailer was down about a foot in foliage.

Just before dinner, Dave spotted a doe in my trailer. She must have driven the dogs nuts as she spent the day eating tasty fruit tree branches about 30' from their kennel. When I went outside for a picture from another angle she bound away -
only to return to her feast a few minutes later.