BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, August 9, 2010

BrownStone Archaeologist

Raking has proven to be way more time consuming than whacking. All day and I only have about 1/2 of my whacked area cleaned up. But to my credit, as I racked I pulled all the weeds missed by the swirling string. Then I trimmed the plum trees to above head height. Without their horse tail shroud, the ferns looked pretty dismal with all the dead fronds so they too got some pruning. Then came the fun part - rediscovering long buried rock walls and dry streams. I felt like an archaeologist. I even got out a whisk broom to sweep away chaf and seed.
Rock wall before my "dig" ...

rock wall during my "dig". Looks like I got a little over-spray with my herbiside witches brew. Eight foot high pond retaining wall with and without weeds.
I wonder what I will uncover tomorrow?