BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Amazing Koyuk

Last night while I was working on the blog, Trask was straining his vocal cords downstairs. He was obviously distressed but I did not want to acknowledge his crying thus rewarding his screaming. I did my best to ignore him. Koyuk on the other hand was distraught. She repeatedly came up to my office then trapped and pushed my right hand so I couldn't type. I hated to ignore her but I knew the screaming fit would pass.
As I hit "publish" on the blog, Trask settled. I ran down to reward and praise him for being quiet. I then went into the bedroom to grab my pillow and blanket for my upcoming night of crate training from the couch. Trask's Buck was on my pillow. It had been in the living-room, high-up, out of canine reach. Dave said "Koyuk is amazing. She was so upset over Trask's anguish that she found and brought his Buck to me as if to say 'my puppy associated with this needs you - now!.'"
I am pleased to announce that Trask did make it through his first night alone in the crate; has learned that the outdoor kennel is the potty place and how to use the dog door to get back in from the kennel. He too is pretty amazing.

error correction: Tiki has her 10th birthday today. I figured Pahto would not make it home until after midnight thus would truly be a birthday surprise for Tiki. My math was off on her age. Happy 10th Birthday BrownStone Thanksgiving litter: Kalama, Lolo, Ali, Tiki, Hatshiput (and Rodain, who tragically died in a house fire).