BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 50 -Stuck Indoors

I do not have a clue how I raised litters of Chinooks indoors in the winter. Even more insane that I did it three times. The little poopers really do make a mess and everything is a teething chew - everything. Today the marine fog made into the valley and it was cold and damp outside. You could not see the puppy play yard from the house. Yes, these are sled dogs and have really nice fuzzy coats but I didn't have the heart to put them outside so I turned the cement floored mud room into an indoor puppy play yard. I am pleased to say that at least one foot was on the a newspaper when the poopers pooped. (Then of course the other three walked through it and some of the papers did do double duty as play toys to drag about. But, for a first venture at potty training things went relatively well).
Breakfast in the mud room.
The living-room coffee table barely sufficed as a barrier. I will have puppy nail scratches on the edges and teeth marks on the legs to remind me of the little ones.
Yea! Ol'sol finally burned off the fog in time for a late lunch.  The puppies ate and played in the sun while I took inventory of miscellaneous boots and scraped and steam-cleaned the mud-room floor.
With a desire to make the best possible transition to forever homes, I send the puppies away with a wealth of dog care, Chinook History, health and resources information along with a couple books on puppy care and training. After the mudroom and indoor x-pen areas were cleaned and puppy linens washed and hung to dry, I took advantage of the outdoor puppy play yard shade to collate puppy folders. What better excuse to sit and watch puppies play "I've got the fallen pear and you can't get it"?
At one point I looked up and saw this. Hard to tell what body part belongs to what puppy.
Life is so Good when the sun is out and you have puppies.