BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 41- I Need a Fence

Like Buddhist tattered prayer flags I have tattered rick-rack sending messages of fun and joy on the wind (and warning of a guy-wire supporting the puppy shelter).
 The puppies move at amazing speed in 8 different directions.
 Their curiosity is boundless.
 There is so much to explore.
 So much fun to be had.
"Puppy, Puppy" does not reliably bring them running any more. Tonight I had to wait until Dave came home from work to corral them. I am very concerned they will again slide down the bank into the pond and can carry only two at a time. I tried making halfway-to-the-house trips so I could supervise the pond edge as I moved puppies but, they ran back with me as soon as I put them down and headed out for two more. What a fun game I had come up with.
The exercise is good for me but I really do need a temporary fence to limit adventure travel.