BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Day 15 Centennial litter

Crazy hot (103 degrees), smoky (forest fire smoke prevented us from hitting the predicted 108 degrees and made being outdoors intolerable) and busy day (doctor appointment; Koyuk to the vet to remove between 50, where we quit counting, and 100 staples from her c-section incision and; the garden irrigation system was finally connected, programmed and working to use pond water instead of taxing the spring - I elected not to try to dig the 150' ditch to bury the last of the piping I laid and connected before it got way too hot).
I caught the 0600 feeding frenzy on my i-Pad. Of course I didn't have a clue how to take a video, let alone save, edit and share it. Dave got me the i-Pad so I could work on the computer downstairs while hanging around the whelping box. Man, have I got a lot to learn. I still haven't figured out my i-Phone. I may have to make tech lessons an entry fee for puppy visitors - hint-hint.
This morning I think I have finally figured out how to get the unedited feeding frenzy onto the blog. If you can actually view the video, please ignore the morning dirty linens. 
Other pictures from the day: 
Nap after the linen change ordeal.
Chunky Treadwell was very interested in Koyuk's afternoon snack.
Arthur took a U-turn when he got a whiff.
 The milkbar proved more fruitful.
Washington once again climbing to the top of the puppy pile for a softer night sleep. 
The puppy eyes are opening but definitely not yet focusing. This will probably be the last day I can use the flash on the camera. With increased ambulation ability, traffic pile-ups and protests are becoming more frequent and make for amusing entertainment. 
Between the 2100 and 0100 Koyuk feedings, I took a break to just sit snuggling individual puppies while I clipped nails; put the pups in various positions until protests diminished and; inhaled puppy breath.