BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Day 21 Centennial litter Pup-date

Another hot, muggy and very smoky day. I could barely see trees across the pond from the porch this afternoon.
Because of the relative coolness and the whelping box needing a complete change of linens, I took the pups and my coffee outside this morning.
There are no tables at Starbucks as good as this one.
I wish it wasn't so hot and the puppies could roam the pup-den all day to their and my delight.
 What fun to be able to run about.
Cedar and Trask with puppies.
Arthur trying to halt the passing milkbar.
"Got ya"! Poor Koyuk doesn't dare try to just sit down.
 Wind
 Another sneak attack.
 Byrd
Washington making his presence known.
 Brunch.
When I came back from the whelping box clean-up, I spotted one puppy almost broaching the x-pen barrier
Still morning and starting to get too hot.
Trask and Washington having a brotherly conversation.
 Such an amazing big brother.
Due to the heat and poor air quality, the pups spent the rest of the day indoors while I tried to convince my computer it could handle RAW picture files and it kept giving me nasty reminders that it could not until it completely locked up a few times.
Ah-oh it won't be long before the "Great Escape".
 Whelping box play time.
 Whelping box crash time.
Good night on day 21 from the BrownStone Chinook Centennial litter.