BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Day 40 - BIG Remodel

It took about 1/2 hour for Koyuk and Trask to show the puppies how to escape the Pup-corral. I was briefly enjoying a breakfast of homemade, hand-picked blueberry/peach pie (thank you Kerstin) with my morning coffer when the dogs pulled down the fencing and let the puppies out. Coffee got cold. Pie had to wait. One roll of duct tape and two climbing ropes temporally held up the top of the plastic fencing.
A beautifully (I hoped) secure enclosure...
and a fun place to play with the puppies... (Trask demonstrating how to fit two at one time in his mouth.)
and cool off with ice water in the early morning 96 degree, 60% humidity heat...
 then escape.
 I really did expect to get a few days or more of black plastic imprisonment...
 but with a little - actually a lot of help and encouragement from Koyuk and Trask...
 they were out.
 "Hey don't forget me."
 A roll of duct tape and two climbing ropes later and everyone is happy in the newly secure play area.
 Wind crashed mid-crab tote.
All crashed as I finally got to  drink my re-warmed coffee and read the Sunday paper.
My washing machine broke down so there was no option of moving the pups back inside. It was HOT and  MUGGY with smoke filled air. To coll the puppies I not only misted them periodically with the hose, but I brought out the swim pool.
Standing in water was a new experience for the pups. As soon as I got them in and aimed the camera, they were out the other side. Able assistant Karmen stood in the pool and plopped in puppies as fast as she could grab them.
 "Come on. You can do it."
After R&R post dousing, it was dinner time. Twenty some pictures summed up in one.
Cedar in the Pup-corral. Once I put a rope around the top, She was unsure how to get in. After a bit of whining, I showed her the human/canine entrance. She was so happy to interact with the little ones.
The Pup-corral is now reinforced with duct tape and rope tied to trees and T-posts and guarded from predators by Trask.
 Maybe tomorrow I will get all the way through my coffee while it is still hot...
Maybe even the next three weeks...! Meanwhile I do need to call the appliance repair guy. Even almost paper trained puppies create a LOT of laundry.