BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Day 23 Chinook Centennial Litter Pup-date

The pups are growing, they are teething and they are very vocal. I took them out to the pup-den again early this morning for a little exercise and new tactile experiences.
Trask, Cedar and Koyuk took a break from Chinook Tag to come see what all the shrieking was about.
Today was the first day that they actively sought me out. I had tails wagging and kisses coming my way whenever I sat down. They were all over me and vying for my attention. Today I also introduced the water bowl. Some figured it out fairly quickly. Others preferred to use it as a wading pool. I am pleased that after bringing them inside, they are drinking dry the water bowl placed in the whelping pen.
Poor Koyuk did not stand a chance against the opportunistic sharks. Just sticking her front into the pup-den resulted in assaults. 
 "Please mom".
 Kate is the most skilled at stealth latch-ons.
 At times nursing was a team effort.
"If I hold her, you can get your chance"
 Finally Koyuk just gave up.
The puppies also had more socialization company.
Ever since the standing attacks on the milkbar, Koyuk has remained outside the whelping box except when she wants to nurse on her terms. Of course the pups know she is there. They pipe-up their high pitched protest chorus whenever they smell her around.
The first batch of puppy gruel is soaking for their first solid food meal in the morning. There is nothing more fun than watching puppies feasting at the round trough. And there is nothing less fun than the Malwarebytes warning that is continually popping up as I type, blocking my key strokes, not allowing pictures and telling me this blog is blocked - AARG.  I see that small boxes have been mysteriously added. It is as if someone in cyberspace is taking offence at all the nursing pictures and is trying to censor. If I could, I would start shrieking like the upset pups. Paws crossed I can post.