BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 12

Not much new in the whelping box.
Cedar makes sure I am awake and up to fill her bowl with kibble and goat's milk every 6 hours. She is feeding her pups so well I think they have gained so much weight that they can't hold it up long enough to take but a couple of steps. They have also grown so fast that their developing neurons must be getting mixed signals as to where exactly body parts, like feet, are and what they are up to. Watching the pups navigate reminds me of a wayward ping pong ball in a maze. They bump into something, bounce off, bump again and after a few such trials either change direction or if possible just go over the obstacle.
"excuse me"

Kaltag managed to get himself trapped inside Cedar's (luckily empty) food bowl. I heard him screaming and found him going round and round looking for an exit. He entertained me thusly for a few minutes while I took pictures then took pity and placed him back with his litter mates.

Today I was looking up information about the puppy Iditarod check point names and realized I had spelled Takotna wrong. Little yellow can't hear yet so she doesn't know I was pronouncing her name incorrectly.

Here is the first picture of BrownStone Lupin's mom Kerstin and new baby sister Klara.