BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Galena RIP

Galena and Nikolai
With heavy heart and through tears I type. Galena joined her brother Nikolai across the rainbow bridge this evening. She became restless, even in her boob nest, and continually cried. We placed the heating pad over her and turned on the oxygen. She became dusky and calm as I held her between the heating pad and my chest. After about 30 minutes of peaceful sleep, she quit breathing.

I had thought I could intervene and change the inevitable as Cedar was trying to tell me but she was right.

Little Red - Galena is deeply missed. So deeply missed. Her raccoon will be donated to the hospital NICU for families to hold as they cope with the loss of their little one.