BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Vet Visit

Cedar and the pups had their first vet check this afternoon. All were deemed to be "just beautiful" and healthy.
Cedar has been rejecting Galena and Galena was not very happy with her solo existence in the warming box. I was afraid her stress would be further detrimental to her frail status and be stressing Cedar, so I plucked her out of the warming box and stuffed her into my sports bra. I now have a funny profile but a very content little girl. The more I move around the better. She resumed her continual crying when I tried to take a nap and quieted down to puppy coos when I gave up and did the dishes. I left her in my forward papoose for travel to the vet. They all got a laugh when I pulled her out.

Cedar acknowledged Galena at the vets office so I thought I would try another trip to the milk bar when we got home. The hungry bigger pups pushed her away so she now again resides next to me.
Galena and her much bigger brother Kaltag