BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dogs - gotta love 'em

When I awoke this morning the ground was loosely covered with sloppy, snow cone snow. I grabbed the camera and ran out for the photo op. While I snapped pictures of moisture laden flowers, the dogs played a vigorous game of Chinook tag. Suddenly, they caught a scent. They took off down the hill, through the fence and into the neighbor's woods. No amount of calling, even with the mention of yet to be eaten breakfast, would get them back so I went in pursuit. My PJs and slippers soon became soaked as I waded through calf high runoff and ducked under dripping trees. My snowy wonderland dream of last night was now the nightmare at dawn. The dogs were rolling in and eating on a recently killed deer carcass. Fortunately, Cedar's morning sickness kept her from joining in the feast. I soon too was covered with foul scent as they excitedly showed off their prize find. A stern "leave it" got them headed home to a mass bath and belated kibble breakfast. Fed, cleaned and tired, the dogs are now sound asleep on their couch dreaming, I am sure, of their next adventure through the woods to their smelly bounty.

When I downloaded this mornings images off the camera, I found this one I had taken of Cedar and Willy checking out the newly varnished whelping box.