BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snow - Day 17

Snow and sled dogs, how could I resist a picture op? I tried to figure out how I could put the pups on my sled and harness Cedar, Willy and McKenzie to it. Just the thought of the bigger dogs loping off down the road with puppies littering the route dispelled that option. OK, only Cedar in harness - nah still to risky. I opted for the safer alternative of a stationary Christmas sleigh.

Even getting and keeping all the pups in the sleigh proved to be a challenge.
These guys can't hear yet but boy do they have voices!
Cedar questioning the wisdom of the situation

The puppies were quickly returned to the warmth of the whelping box by the fire and nourishment of Cedar's milk bar. All is quiet as I type.