BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 10 - and Then They Slept...

and ate. Beyond eating and sleeping not a whole goes on in the whelping box at this stage.
 
 
I however, am way behind on sleep in part because Koyuk always wants me at her side. Today my wonderful husband watched the whelping box and occupied Koyuk allowing me move off the couch onto our bed for a hard nap. When I was out cold, he grabbed the camera and took a picture. Of course, Koyuk took the opportunity of the open door to join me and let me know it was again time to eat. Forget the sleeping part. Not for humans.