BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 26 - New Digs and Toys

Every morning I wonder if I am going to have anything new to blog about but these little ones keep bringing on the fun photo ops.
It is impossible not to start a day with a smile when greeted like this:
 "Hey what's going on out there?"
 "I see her. The milkbar is right there."  "I am hiding."
 "They just won't leave me alone."
 "OK what do you want?"
 "Awe, mom loves us."
 Besides torturing Koyuk, the pups interacted with toys.
They were having so much fun with TP tubes and boxes that I got out the dishwasher safe, rubber squeakers.
Today I set up the Kelty shelter next to the patio as an alternative to hauling a basket of heavy, squirming puppies out to the orchard with its always-on-the-move shade. .
Poor Koyuk. When she gets near, the puppies become frenzied piranhas with very sharp teeth. Note the puppy climbing her rear leg for better support.
Another feeding. Kalh is using Ms Silver as a step stool.
 Ouch - that must really hurt.
 Koyuk rarely gets a chance to lie down and nurse properly. At lease outside she has room to maneuver.
 "I'm out of here!"
 The puppies get gruel with every meal from mom.
 And still swim in the feeding trough.
 Navy Boy resting in the play box while the other wrestle.
 "How many can we fit in this thing?"
 I missed what happened to tip the box but it still proved to be a good place to take a nap.
 Play time.
 Once inside for the day, they crashed.
 "I know she is out there somewhere."