BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 20 - Morning

The laundry basket is now totally useless for containing pups during linen changes. This morning I made a soft landing out of a dog bed and let Koyuk, Cedar and McKenzie corral the wayward pups while I worked on the whelping box
These puppies are definitely Oscar's offspring. This morning they greeted me with a self initiated, heads back, bay-at-the-moon, howl-in. Koyuk and Cedar joined in on the fun. Their normal vocalizations are off the scale, high decibel, high pitch yelps. The howls were lower pitched and melodic. I tried to catch a video but only got a picture of their post howl frolics. (I do need to find the instruction book for my camera).